The egg is one of the most common types of food of everybody. We buy eggs to eat on a daily basis because they are cheap, clean and easy to digest. Moreover, there are so many benefits of using eggs as food that you might not know.
Reduce The Oxidant Process
According to scientists, nutrition inside eggs can provide enough for our body to slow down the oxidant process as well as strengthen our defense system.
Enhance The Brain Function
With people who have to work mentally in a long amount of time, the egg is one of the best foods because the yolk is rich in acetylcholine which contributes greatly to some brain functions. Therefore, eating eggs helps enhancing memory which is quite vital for brain development, especially babies and infants.
Protein in eggs is easy to absorb hence increase the amount of protein inside our body and improve the way our body process other nutrition. That’s the way our liver is recovered after working to keep us away from toxic and other negative factors from foods and drinks. Lecithin inside eggs also contributes to the liver recovery process.
How Many Eggs Should You Eat?
Though eggs are very cheap and healthy, we should not eat too much because of some reasons. According to specialists in nutrition and diet, you should not each more than 10 eggs on a weekly basis. However, elder people should not exceed the number of 5 and younger people should not eat more than 7 eggs a week.
With babies below 12 months, they can be allergy right after eating eggs, therefore, parents must be careful when adding this type of food into their diet.
Besides, when eating eggs, you should eat more fruits and vegetables with a high amount of vitamin C to enhance the Iron absorption inside our body. Especially after eating eggs we should not drink any kind of tea because it might be harmful to our body’s Iron absorption.
We often think of quick cooking methods like boiling or frying when we have eggs in the fridge but have you ever thought about something heavier, tastier like a main dish from eggs?
POACHED EGGS AND SALMON
This dish consists of two precious ingredients: salmon and eggs. It is the combination of positive protein and natural nutrition. On the other hand, it is not complicated at all to make this dish – you can taste a simple and satisfying main dish in less than 30 minutes!
- Preparation: 5 minutes
- Cooking: 10 minutes
Ingredients (Serving for 2):
- Salmon: 2 steaks, skinned (100g)
- Spinach: 1 bag (300g)
- Eggs: 2 British Lion eggs, large
- Cook the salmon: Prepare a dish that is microwave safe then put the salmon steaks on. Don’t forget to cover the whole dish with microwave – safe film. Adjust the microwave to 650 watts and cook at that temperature for 3 to 4 minutes. You might want to turn the steaks once to make sure that are cooked throughout.
- Cook the spinach leaves for about 2 or 3 minutes until the leaves are tender and wilted. Drain all the water and place aside for the next step.
- Prepare a pan and fill it with water. Add a dash of vinegar and salt and boil it.
- Crack the eggs into the pan carefully and cook the eggs in the water until when you think the eggs are soft enough. Use a spoon to lift the eggs up and drain all the water by using kitchen paper.
- Place the entire ingredient on a plate, beginning with the spinach and then the salmon steaks. The last one is the poached egg on top.
- Eat when it’s still hot.
Or if you think this is quite difficult and you don’t know what to do, maybe you should try something easier?
This is one of the best and easiest ways to cook eggs as a main dish. You don’t have to be skilled to make an omelet correctly. This popular dish is used for breakfast, lunch, and dinner as well. With just a couple of eggs and salt, you can make it really fast and enjoy your work when it’s still hot. Check out this beginner’s omelet recipe and see how easy it could be!
- Preparation: 2 minutes
- Cooking: 2 minutes
- Eggs: 2 British Lion, large
- Salt, pepper
- Water: cold, 1 tablespoon
- Crack the eggs into a bowl. You have to mix them with other ingredients first before frying them.
- Add the water and seasoning inside the bowl. Then whisking the mixture until the white and the yolk is mixed totally. The more you blend them, the better your omelet could be.
- Heat up your pan under high heat and add oil.
- Pour your mixture into the pan and use the high heat to cook the eggs for about two minutes. You should make sure that your mixture is spread out.
- Turn the omelet over and cook for a little bit more to make sure the mixture is cooked evenly.
- Slide your omelet to the plate and serve immediately with herbs and your favorite salad.
- You can add some kinds of herbs or even ground meat to make your omelet flavorful and colorful.
- Add cheese and milk and increase the way your egg smells and tastes, but also the amount of fat and protein so it should be put into consideration before added in.
Eggs are easy to buy, easy to cook and easy to eat. That’s the reason why sometimes people underestimate the beneficial factors they bring to our health and don’t see them as a potential main dish ingredient. If you want to know more about gorgeous dishes made of the combination of eggs and other ingredients such as salmon, beef, ham… please visit our blog about dining and cooking.